Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thanksgiving, Christmas and Snow!!

It's been a long time since I've posted, and a lot has happened.

The week of Thanksgiving Jonah made his first trip to "Mickey Mouse's House" aka Disney World. The three of us met my family there and had a great time!

This was also the first Christmas that Jonah realized what was going on. He has been asking about Santa Clause coming since the beginning of November! I can't tell you how many mornings we have gone down the stairs and Jonah had to see if Santa was in the coat closet hiding from him. He just knew it was time for Santa to visit!

We have also had snow (or what a Mississippi girl calls snow) a few times. The first time was before Christmas and we had some pretty good size snow flakes (that didn't stick of course). Jonah thought it was great! Jeremy called us Tuesday and told us to look outside because it was snowing again. Jonah and I were ecstatic! Today was a repeat of the snow. I sure hope that one day a little will stick. I'm dying to make a snowman! Here are a few pictures I got of snow collecting in our yard.


Just a little random information: I was walking to my car tonight at the hospital and realized I was colder than I ever remember being before. It was because it was 14 degrees with a wind chill of 5 degrees! I'm definitely not in the south anymore! Note to self: wear fleece pants and change in to scrubs after getting to the hospital. Scrubs were not meant for warmth!

No comments: